Site Search

Facebook MySpace Twitter Digg Delicious Stumbleupon Google Bookmarks RSS Feed 
Fire Rips Through Minden Bus Barn PDF Print E-mail
Written by themindencourier   
Tuesday, 07 August 2018 13:08

The fire that consumed the Minden Public Schools bus barn July 31 was deemed an accident by the State Fire Marshal. The fire started with a vehicle inside the barn, and fueled by containers of flammable substances stored inside. Further details about the cause haven’t been released.
The Minden Volunteer Fire Department received the call around 5:18 p.m. on July 31. Twenty firefighters responded to the call and were able to have the blaze under control by 6:41 p.m. No people or buses were inside the barn at the time of the fire.
“The silver lining to this is nobody was hurt and we weren’t in session. We’re thankful for that,” Superintendent James Widdifield said.

for full story see August 8 Courier

Last Updated on Tuesday, 14 August 2018 13:08