Minden Family Loses Everything In House Fire 

 Six volunteer fire departments from the Quad Cities Mutual Aid responded to a house fire in Minden last week. 

The Minden Volunteer Fire Department was dispatched to a structure fire at 242 S. Nebraska Avenue at 2:30 p.m. on Tuesday, June 28. First responders arrived to find heavy smoke and fire on the first level of the two story house. 

Minden Fire Chief Tom Brown said the fire originated on the main level in the kitchen area and spread to the second story of the house. 

see July 6 Courier for full story