Fire at First Christian Church of Minden

The Minden Fire Department was called to First Christian Church of Minden, on Brown and 5th St. on July 26.
Spectators gathered outside 5th Street IGA as firefighters cleared the building, and contained the fire.
Originally, there was speculation that the fire started with an electrical problem, but after further investigation, it was revealed burning weeds nearby the church, some of those embers landed on or near the church building, igniting the fire.
Fire Chief Chris Klahn disclosed the cause to be “human error, and that’s all we can say until the proper parties are notified.” He did confirm that no one was injured in the fire. Estimated damages are still being calculated.
According to First Christian Pastor Dick Bacon the fire initially broke out in the east entry way. The fire damage there was kept to a minimum.
When church members in the vicinity saw smoke, they called the Minden Fire Department who arrived within minutes.

For more, pick up The Minden Courier

Leave a Reply