The candidates for the Minden Public Schools’ Board of Education are:
* Jeff Shelton, 45. He is an 8-year incumbent on the School Board. He graduated from Barton County Community College, Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center, and works for the Nebraska State Patrol.
* Craig B. Grams, 52. He is a 4-year incumbent on the School Board. He has a BS in General Ag from UNL.
* Ken Carpenter, 49. He attended Southeast Community College and is looking to get elected for the first time.
* Rusty Rhynalds, 28. He graduated from the World Wide College of Auctioneering and has served on various other boards.
* Ann M. Madsen, 56. She has an AA degree and is a certified instructor in many driver safety programs.
See why each candidate feels it is important for them to be in public office, what critical issues they foresee themselves facing if elected, what changes they intend to bring, their thoughts on budget concerns, and their own reasons, in their own words, why you should vote for them–right on the front page of this week’s Courier!