The Kearney County Supervisors held a relatively short meeting on Jan. 16 in the Kearney County Courthouse to close out their January meetings.
The first order of business for the board was to go into an executive session to discuss security matters at the courthouse.
Following the short executive session, the supervisors set a public hearing to amend the zoning regulations for the February 5 meeting at 9:30 a.m.
Next on the agenda was Kearney County Emergency Management Director Jeff England asking for the supervisors to adopt the 2013 Local Emergency Operations Plan resolution. The LEOP is how things would be handled in emergency situations, list of public officials, phone numbers, department heads, emergency services and much more, etc. The board unanimously approved the resolution.
The final agenda item was Kearney County Highway Superintendent Randy Smith. Smith was present at the meeting to set a date for the One and Six Year Road Plan which will be held on the February 19 meeting starting at 11 a.m.
In other business:
• the board of equalization also met during the meeting and they approved the tax list corrects presented by Kearney County Assessor Linda Larsen.
• approved minutes from January 3 meeting
• approved bills and claims
• approved duplicate check for Software Unlimited Corp. for 120.00 originally written in July 2012
• received sheriff quarterly report ending December 31, 2012.